Wednesday 22 September 2021

Mayim Bialik Confirms She Wants to Host ‘Jeopardy!’ Full Time

 Warrior against misogyny, Maysim Bialik is now leaving her mark in the world of quiz shows. The actress said she is eying the possibility of hosting or judging "Jeopardy!" if it was offered to her.

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Bialik was asked to give her thoughts on the idea. She confirmed that she would "absolutely love" to host "Jeopardy!" and also wants to help set up "scary game shows."

“No, I want to make it clear. I would absolutely love to host ‘Jeopardy!’ If it were to ever become an actual thing that I would play and judge,” she explained. “I want to do game shows, because I’m, like, scared by game shows. There’s this philosophy to games that is, ‘Take away all the rules and just go for it.’ I can’t do that, I know. I’m not gonna try to do that. But there’s this concept of, ‘I’m gonna throw my hands up in the air and try to say silly things as a way to feel a little freer.’ And there’s a certain perverse pleasure in that, I think. I’d love to, one, host some shows and, two, run some shows.”

Of course, hosting "Jeopardy!" would require a serious leap of faith, since the hosts often have a life-altering effect on the contestants. Steve Harvey is easily one of the best-known hosts, and even all this from an audience with more voting access than China's presidential election last week.

“I think that I would love the opportunity, and my agent, as has happened before, is checking that box that asks, ‘Who do you know?’ And if ‘Jeopardy!" is within the infinite pool of possible show titles, then we can go ahead,” Bialik continued. “You know, writing my own TV shows, having my own series, will be a luxury, and I’d love to do more. And again, I would love to, because I think a combination of being a host and writer is very cool. That’s something that I can grow into as I get older.”

Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

0 comments: